Fjällräven Polar is a 300 km winter adventure north of the Arctic Circle. It offers a unique opportunity for those of you who have not spent much time outdoors during the winter to go on the adventure of your life. You will be given a chance to navigate a dog sled on your own in what appears to be inhospitable wilderness – across barren tundra and frozen lakes and through mountain forests weighted with snow. You will spend nights in a tent or under the open sky, perhaps accompanied by the northern lights. The journey starts at the edge of the Norwegian fjords in Signaldalen and finishes at Jukkasjärvi area in Swedish Lapland.
1. By participating in the application procedure you accept these conditions of participation. You are in these conditions referred to as “you”, “applicant” and “participant”.
2. Fjällräven Polar is arranged by Fenix Outdoor AB (“Fjällräven”). Fjällräven will at its sole discretion decide which applicants that will be selected as participants in Fjällräven Polar event.
3. Fjällräven will pay for the participant’s trip to the event and provide the participant with the equipment needed for the event. Any private taxes due because of the participant’s participation in Fjällräven Polar shall be paid by the participant.
4.The participant consents and irrevocably assigns to Fjällräven and Fjällräven’s successors and assigns any rights, in perpetuity, throughout the universe, to exploit, in whole or in part, any and all information and documentation, such as photographs, film footage, interviews and performance data, that is produced in connection with his/her participation (the “Material”), by making copies of the Material and the result and by making them available to the public, be it in the original or an altered manner, in translation or adaptation, in another literary or artistic form, or in another technical manner, without the participant having any right to payment. Accordingly, Fjällräven may use the participant’s name and picture when using the Material and the result of the participant’s participation.
All rights of every kind and nature whatsoever in and to all results of the participant’s performances shall be and remain the sole and exclusive property of Fjällräven, including, without limitation, the perpetual and irrevocable right and license to use, alter, modify, duplicate, exploit and re-use the material in any manner whatsoever and at any time in any part of the universe, including advertising, publicizing, exhibiting and exploiting Fjällräven Polar and/or Fjällräven or any of its affiliate companies and their products.
All rights of every nature whatsoever in and to all still pictures, motion pictures, videotapes, digital videos, photographs and sound recordings made under these conditions, shall be owned by Fjällräven and its successors, assigns and licensees.
The participant waives any of its moral rights (ideella rättigheter) under Section 3 of the Swedish Copyright Act to the widest extent possible. Accordingly, Fjällräven may solely and its own discretion decide how the result shall be used, altered and presented; including, but not limited to, editing, panning, scanning, cutting, compression, decompression, changes in aspect ratio, speed at which the work is exhibited or performed, dubbing, subtitles, digital modification or enhancement, interruption of commercial or other breaks, changes between analog and digital, combination with advertisement, and product placement and embedded marketing.
Fjällräven shall have the right to assign, license or otherwise transfer, in whole or in part, any and all of its rights under these conditions to any person, firm, corporation or other entity without the approval of the participant.
5. The participant declares his/her willingness to actively participate in Fjällräven Polar and the preparations before the event, during the event itself, and following parts after the event. The participant accepts to comply with Fjällräven’s rules, instructions and guidelines during the event. Fjällräven reserves the right to dismiss the participant with immediate effect, if the participant does not comply with such rules, instructions and guidelines. The participant will not receive any compensation for his/her participation in Fjällräven Polar, except for any compensation that has been explicitly agreed in writing in advance between the parties.
6. The participant guarantees that he/she is entitled to any and all rights to the documentation (in particular but not limited to images, videos and texts) which the participant posts on social media sites and that no third party rights are infringed. In addition, the participant exempts and will hold Fjällräven harmless from any and all third party claims asserted against Fjällräven based on the participant’s documentation. The participant transfers to Fjällräven any and all rights to such documentation, free of charge, exclusively and unlimited in terms of time, place and content.
7. Participants must be at least 18 years old. Any and all personal details provided must be true and accurate. Fjällräven shall not be liable for health risks associated with the participant’s participation in Fjällräven Polar. Each participant is obliged to judge for him/herself whether or not the state of his/her health is adequate for participation in Fjällräven Polar, if necessary, after having consulted a medical doctor.
8. NON-LIABILITY CLAUSE: The participant shall be solely responsibility for his/her decision as to whether or not he/she should participate in Fjällräven Polar. Notwithstanding anything contained in these conditions to the contrary Fjällräven shall not be liable, including but not limited to negligence or otherwise, for any direct, indirect, special, consequential damages or personal damages or losses whatsoever, such as but not limited to loss of revenue, loss of use and costs of capital.
Fjällräven is entitled to make changes to the implementation of Fjällräven Polar, and even at its sole discretion postpone and/or cancel the event. In such circumstances, Fjällräven shall not be liable to the participant for damages, costs or expenses. A liability of Fjällräven, on whatever legal grounds, for material damage and financial loss of any kind and their consequences which the participant incurs during or in connection with his/her participation in Fjällräven Polar as a result of the conduct of Fjällräven, its representatives, vicarious agents or authorized persons, shall, in the case of an infringement of obligations which are not essential/material contractual obligations be limited to damages which were caused by an intentional or grossly negligent act.
9. Trade secrets of Fjällräven which are communicated or made known in some other way, may not be utilized or communicated to other persons, also not after termination of the contractual relationship. However, the existence of a business relationship between the participant and Fjällräven may be made public.
10. These conditions shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with Swedish substantive law without its conflict of law rules. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or in connection with these conditions, or the breach, termination or invalidity thereof, shall be finally settled by court in Sweden, and in first instance by Stockholm District Court.